Saturday 24 April 2010

Tattoos!


I have always wanted to have a tattoo done, but to be honest, I'm a wimp! I have heard varying views - yes they hurt a lot, and, no they don't hurt at all - and nothing in the middle! And so far, I haven't had the courage to get one done. Part of this decision relates back to 'back in the day' as a young child where I would sit patiently in the waiting room while my mom would go for yet another pain enduring session of tattoo removal. I still remember hearing the endless 'thuds' of the laser shots coming from the room my mom was in, and recall seeing the blistered and bloody skin - and yet she would go back for more sessions until the tattoo was either very faint or gone completely...you see, back in the day, my mom was a biker rebel and had 2 very large tattoos, one on each arm...something she did not want later on in her adult life when she was in a professional career and her old life was in the very far past. Not everyone has the same views, and some would proudly show off their tattoos which represent something meaningful and sentimental to the person. But there is the flip side, and that is that some people regret having them done - and it is clearly evident by anyone who has had them removed, that it hurts far more than having them done, and you have to endure the removal process over a number of sessions.

I have nothing against tattoos - but if I ever had the guts to have one done, I would definitely consider the size and placement of the tattoo - something that can be easily covered up just in case I ever regret it. I also have a friend who has developed a liking for tattoos, and once flipantly said 'well I guess its just another form of self-harm, me constantly getting tattoos, but I don't need to face that now, and I really love the ones I have'- but, unfortunately, when they will need to face their issues, thats going to be an awful big confrontation.

Interested in tattoos? Here is a bit on tattoo-ology!

No comments:

Post a Comment