Friday 5 March 2010

The On-Going Debate!

response...

I expect this could be a long on-going debate! =) I do see your point. Where do we stop? Legislate everything? No, but there certainly needs to be consideration of drug use(i.e. smoking, drugs and alcohol)as this has a direct impact - I would argue a similar case for alcohol consumption and the effects through Foetal Alcohol Syndrome etc...I would guess that the behaviour and choices of a pregnant woman would need to be assessed in terms of the level of direct impact and damage to the foetus (and indeed the expectant mother)and the level of risk.

Your example of anxiety or stress-related neurosis is not lifestyle choice, and I assume there is a lot of support for expectant mothers with mental health issues...if there is any risk towards the expectant mother and child, social services would intervene!

I would suggest that expectant mothers would not see it as punishment, but rather as support and help in protecting the health of their unborn child.

Thanks for the debate =)

No comments:

Post a Comment