Friday 5 March 2010

In Response to Being Bad by Antonio




















I completely agree with your opinion that lying is a necessity to defend our interests and to avoid harming the people we love. I also agreed with your view that lying is a part of human behaviour and is one of the characteristics of human intelligence. I would go one step further, and suggest that the ability to lie has enabled us to congregate and live in large societies. It allows for us to be amicable and to be liked, giving us an advantage and therefore makes surviving, and living in society easier...maybe an evolutionary mechanism?

This, even if it is one of my thoughts, sounded a bit dodgy and extreme, so I did what any person would do in a moment of confusion and intrigue...GOOGLE

And here is the product of googling 'evolutionary theory for lying'...Review of the book 'Why we lie: The evolutionary roots of deception and the unconscious mind'

No comments:

Post a Comment